KEEPING OUR CHILDREN SAFE ONLINE
Our Designated Online Safety Co-ordinator is Paul Heeley (Headteacher)
As children use the internet more and more it is becoming increasingly important to ensure that they know how to stay safe from its potential dangers. We have a comprehensive E-Safety Policy to support this.
Just like a swimming pool or a road, we know that the internet can be a dangerous place, but we don't stop the children using them; we teach them how to use it safely.
CLICK HERE to watch some really useful videos to learn more about how to keep children safe in an online world.
E-Safety is an integral part of our ICT curriculum and is addressed during most ICT lessons as well as during specific E-Safety lessons and through assemblies. Parents can find out more about E-Safety and use a range of online resources to support children in using the internet safely. Try the resources below.
In December 2015 'ThinkUKnow' released a new version of their website for parents that is full of information about how to protect children on line.
The NSPCC has recently (2015) released their 'Share Aware' campaign that helps educate about how to stay safe online.
Check out this useful website from Tigermobile about how parents can protect their children on their smartphones.
NSPCC's Net Aware is a great website to visit to check out safety information about a range of different apps and programs that your child may be using.
There are also a range of E-Safety resources available for children to use through School360 using their username and password.
KIDREX is a good place for children to search the internet safely.
DINOPASS helps children create safe passwords for themselves.
You can download our Pupil Acceptable Use Agreements below:
We use SWGFL Boost to support E-Safety in our school.
Click here to download the terms and conditions of some popular social media sites written in child friendly language.
- General advice about the use of Snapchat
- Netaware Information About Snapchat Maps
- Cyberbullying Assembly Powerpoint.pdf
- Instagram - A Guide for Parents.pdf
- PEGI System and Structure.pdf
- NSPCC - Share Aware.pdf
- Pupil Acceptable Use Policy KS1.pdf
- Pupil Accepatable Use Policy KS2.pdf
- Snapchat - A Parents' Guide.pdf
- Social Media Guidance for Parents.pdf
- Family Tip Sheet - Online Security.pdf
- Family Tip Sheet - Cyberbullying.pdf
- Family Tip Sheet - Evaluating Websites.pdf
- Family Tip Sheet - Smart Searching.pdf
- Family Tip Sheet -Effective Email Communication.pdf